History and Background
Rosemount House & Estate
Dating back to the 1830’s, Rosemount was the seat of the Corballis family and their descendents for almost 150 years. Records indicate that John Corballis leased Rosemount and nearby Roebuck House lands in 1780 which in time became home to his sons Richard (Rosemount) and and James Anthony (Roebuck House). The Corballis family actively supported the local community through the involvement with Donnybrook schools, churches and St. Patricks Cathedral.
Purchase by UCD
UCD acquired the property from Hubert Woolfe Flanagans a descendent of Corballis in the 1980’s. By this time the house was in poor repair and was demolished soon after, however a walled courtyard still remains with centuries of repairs evident in its appearance.